While they also say that the diet, by itself, is not able to prevent or cure cancer, there are a number of rules to better choose what we eat. They are very easy to remember!
- Follow the general guidelines of the Mediterranean diet pattern.
- If you are overweight, for example, following treatment-induced menopause hormonal, follow a weight control diet, preferably directed by a professional
- Stay physically active: at least 150 minutes per week of moderate activity.
- Avoid the consumption of any type of alcoholic beverages.
I did not know that I should completely avoid alcohol consumption but according to GEICAM "regular alcohol consumption is one of the risk factors more important, especially for the breast cancer survivors : in them alcohol consumption should be totally avoided. "
But what is the Mediterranean diet? The Mediterranean diet is the color diet since it is based on the daily consumption of fruits and vegetables:
- Abundant and varied fruits and vegetables (I would say better than proximity to the issue of climate change);
- Daily consumption of different cereals, preferably whole grains (every morning I eat oatmeal and feel great); < strong>
- Olive oil as the main source of fat (always good quality);
- Daily consumption of some product dairy (I take them skimmed and sugar free);
- Fish and prioritize white meat as the main source of animal proteins and fat ;
- Avoid red meat and processed meat (hamburgers, sausages, etc.).
- Avoid ultraprocessed foods high in refined sugars (the supermarket is full of them with its "pretty plastic wrap") !).
Source. Own elaboration from GEICAM
Today we propose a very healthy recipe from the hand of our dear @kitchenwithmum. Their delicious healthy recipes " instagramers " are a real pleasure for our palate. With great passion, he has proposed a dish that has two of the healthiest ingredients in our Mediterranean diet: a broccoli salmon burger. Easy and quick to make.
INGREDIENTS: Broccoli 🥦, Salmon 🐟, Pepper 🧂, Salt 🧂, Oil 🍶
- We boil broccoli, make it softer than usual and let it drain well.
- We crush the broccoli with a fork.
- We cut the very tiny salmon.
- Mix in a bowl the salmon with broccoli and add salt and pepper.
- We make individual hamburgers.
- Grilled back and back
Instagram: @kitchenwithmum 👩🍳 https://www.instagram.com/kitchenwithmum/
More information at: < a href = "https://www.geicam.org/cancer-de-mama/he-tenido-cancer-de-mama/tu-dia-a-dia/dieta"> https://www.geicam.org / breast-cancer / have-had-breast-cancer / your-day-to-day / diet
About ultraprocessed and cancer: https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/salud/2019/05/30/ 5ceee39cfc6c83d8708b467a.html